Critically Comparing my Skills



Critically Comparing my Skills, Processes and Methods



1st. Formulate your question:
Look below at what you  are you being asked to evaluate.
Unit 1
U1.2.1 Critically compare a range of communication methods used to convey meaning in creative media production.
Note Critically is similar to compare but concentrate on the things that are different with two or more methods used or what sets them apart. Point out any differences which are particularly significant.

In your own words say what U1.2.1 is asking you to do.
Answer: Critically compare a range of media.


2nd. Gather your information:
What have you been doing that you can evaluate

On your blog you now have two weeks detailing classes in The Carousel and professional ways to use tools, skills, processes.  If you have details of these you have done this point just add the links below.

Blog link to last week:
Blog link to this week:

3rd. Apply the information
How well have you done in the sessions?
Ask yourself:

  • Which skills, Processes and Methods or tools you enjoyed the most?
Answer: I enjoyed colouring, sewing and using sewing machines the most. I would mix some of the colours to create a sort of shade effect.

  • Which of the things you have been shown could you demonstrate to another person?
Answer: Some of the more basic skills that I learnt were ironing the fabric and sewing, meaning that these skills are likely the ones that I could demonstrate in front of another person. I could also demonstrate the use of mixing warm and cool colours together.

  • Which of the things you have been shown do you need more practice with?
Answer: I think that using the embroidory rings and the sewing machines were most tricky skills to understand, meaning that with a few more tries, I would be able to understand it better.

I found that mono printing was by far the hardest process, as I had never done anything like that before, especially when it came to clearing up the ink afterwards.


4th. Consider the implications

If you were asked by a professional to use some of the tools, skills, processes how well would you do?
Answer: Overall, I would understand the overall concept of the processes, but as mentioned above, the embroidory rings, sewing machines and mono printing would be my weakest points.


5. Explore other points of view

Have you considered feedback from teachers and Peers as to how well you did in the session, if so what feedback have you had?
Answer: The overall feedback that I recieved was very positive. This was especially the case with our art tutor, who said that my drawing skills were very effective. Our fashion tutor commented on my retro design by saying that she liked it and it's use of geometric patterns.

What Feedback have you had so far that tells you you are doing okay in the session?
Answer: I had been told that I was making very good progress with my artwork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Filming Process

Filming Carousel Post