Fashion Carousel Post

1. Document what you did in the session on Tuesday and Wednesday (Pictures, Diary entries, Printouts ETC)




2. List under the following 


Research that you carry out in these sessions

  • Skills that you have tried, 

I used certain skills such as using a heat press, sewing, ironing fabric, using embroidery rings and using sewing machines.

  • Processes
a) To begin the session, I used all of the six colours to make swatches, meaning that I could see how they would turn out on paper.

b) We then had to design the word 'crew' in an artistic style. Mine had a sort of retro vibe to it.

c) I began to create a draft in pencil so that it would be easier when it came to using the paint.

d) When using the paint, I would try to experiment with colour combinations, such as red-blue and yellow-green.

e) Before my artwork was taken to the heat press, I had to dry it with a hair dryer.

f) The work was then taken to the heat press to be copied onto fabric.

g) Later on we learnt new techniques in order to make our artworks look better, such as ironing and using the sewing machines.


h) Later on, we were taught the hand sewing technique in order to add final decoration for our designs.


  • Methods

a) When making the swatches, I created two based on each colour to make for a better image for my post.

b) As mentioned above, I used a retro design for my artwork. This meant that the letters looked very geometrical.

c) I would often use two colours for each letter and merge them together. On the first letter (C) it went slightly wrong.

d) I would use the iron for about 10 seconds when sticking the fabric to my image to make sure that it wouldn't come off.

  • Any tools that you used.
  • Pencil
  • Paint brush
  • Colours
  • Hair dryer
  • Heat press
  • Fabric
  • Iron
  • Embroidery ring
  • Sewing machine
  • Needle
  • Thread







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Filming Process

Filming Carousel Post